Monday, September 28, 2009

Waiting For The Next Shoe To Drop...

Today our office got our first swine flu case of the season, and guess who's patient it was?  Mine.  Guess who took the nasopharyngeal culture?  Me.  I saw the patient last week and the culture result just came back today 'H1N1 Detected'. Now I'm starting to feel a little 'something'.  Is it real or is it 'supratentorial'?  Can't remember the last time I got sick seeing patients, thanks to diligent hand washing.  Here I was anxiously waiting for the H1N1 vaccine to come out so I could get it.  Now it looks like I've been exposed; and if I don't get sick, I guess I won't need the vaccine after all, since I've most likely developed antibodies against it.  We'll have to wait and see...

2 comments:

  1. AC, I have 3 weeks to get it out of my system. Should be OK by the time I get there.

    ReplyDelete