Monday, December 6, 2010

Back To Running

After being off my feet for 7 weeks, I finally ventured out with my running shoes this weekend.  As I wasn't too sure if my achilles was ready, I only pounded out 1.5 miles on Saturday at a pace of 8:45.  I had felt a slight twinge in the beginning of the run, but that quickly disappeared and I felt OK afterwards (aside from my asthma acting up a bit).  On Sunday I went for a 2 mile run with Truffalo at a slightly faster pace of 8:30 (thanks to Truff) and didn't even feel any pain whatsoever.  I think it would be safe to say that I can start building up my base again.  As for the June race, I may not be able to get ready for that so I'll have to find a fall race to run.  Tentatively looking at the Hudson Mohawk Marathon in Oct.  It's a small and flat race, but it'll be a little costly to fly out there just to run a marathon.  I'll have to do some more research and see if I can find a good race out west.  Which race to run will also hinge upon what BAA decides upon the 'window' for qualifying times or qualifying times themselves.  If they shorten the window to 16 months, then all November and December races will be out.  If they lower the qualifying times, then I might just take it easy until I'm 39.

No comments:

Post a Comment