Sunday, December 5, 2010

You Know You're Getting Old When...

You start paying attention to the fine lines on your face and become a willing participant to spending big money on moisturizers to reverse the signs of aging.  When you look at the back of your hands you start to see your mother's hands, so you slather on the moisturizers but the fine lines are still there.  Regular moisturizers are no longer enough, and you explain to your husband that the more expensive products are superior.


Me: It lasts all day and doesn't dry out like the Olay.
J: You don't need it, and then you'll have to use it forever.
Me: {Rhetorically} Don't you want your wife to be pretty?
J: You're already pretty.
Me: {We know this trick very well and I am not falling for it this time} Well I'm getting it.


So I bit the bullet and got this.  


In my defense I did make sure I didn't buy it at full price, but instead got 36% off and free shipping, as I hate to buy anything without a deal.  One day I will eventually accept the fact that the lines are not going anywhere with the use of anything, but until then J will have to put up with my vanity.

2 comments:

  1. how much was it? maybe it's cheaper in hk... I can pick up bottles for you. Also, does it work? i am starting to see some fine lines too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer, but it can't possibly be cheaper in HK because they're based in Brooklyn. Plus, if it's too cheap it may be imitation (It retails for $48, but I got it for $30 from their site).
    I don't know if it works, but it really doesn't dry out like the others do.
    You're way too young for fine lines. Stop laughing all the time. Keeping an expressionless face will save you a trip to the Botox clinic...

    ReplyDelete